The European > PNEDC > Goals
The European community faces profound restructuring of its institutions – something that is seen in the discussions regarding Enlargement, the Future of Europe, Free-travel Space, Security and Justice, and the very role of the European Union in the world.
These and other subjects can and should be the objects of discussion between European information specialists, as managers and multipliers of knowledge related to current and future European matters.
With this in mind, the following goals have been established:
- Create a discussion forum amongst the various Portuguese EDCs;
- Provide information sought by other EDCs throughout Europe;
- Promulgate news, data, and event notices to interested parties;
- Achieve uniform treatment of documentation and data at the national level using the existing tools;
- Share work instruments and facilitate access to them;
- Create a National Database of European Information in Portugal.