PNEDC web site
Constructing a web site for the PNEDC is essential – for sharing information amongst the various individual EDCs, and to promulgate announcements of their projects.
The current coordinators also wish for the web site to be the principal point of access to EU documents and information – through links to the bibliographical databases and other specialised information residing at the various EDCs.
National Database of European Information
- National Database of European Information
- Coordinators of the PNEDC
Entities initially involved
- Universidade Lusíada de Lisboa;
- Instituto Nacional de Administração.
- All producers and depositories of community documentation and/or information.
- Academic and scientific communities – both Portuguese and international;
- European citizens.
It is intended to fill an information gap that exists regarding European studies.
The Portuguese EDCs have long sought the creation of collective catalogue of resources for the treatment of community documentation and information. This ambitious undertaking will embrace the many entities that share in the development of the National Database of European Information destined to support research in EU matters.
The overall goal is to facilitate access to knowledge production regarding the EU, and to provide access to information that is currently dispersed amongst various public and private entities.
The specific goal is to create a repository that will serve as a powerful research tool.
- Establish uniform norms for data treatment;
- Gather data that is currently dispersed;
- Select, organise and enter the data into the database.
The above steps will be applied to existing EDCs in a first phase. In a second phase, the process will be extended to the remaining European Information Organisms. A third phase will include any additional entities that wish to participate.
The project is funded by POS_Conhecimento, with the following aims:
- Acquisition of necessary hardware and software;
- Hiring of data-entry specialists;
- Office spaces for developing the project;
- Personnel training;
- Other administrative expenses.